8/13/2020

First Snorkeling at Akinohama on Oshima


I finally went snorkeling today! It was the first time since I moved to Oshima. I felt a sense of wonder wearing a wetsuit. Akinohama is famous for being a great snorkeling and scuba diving location. The water was a little cloudy, but there were many fish, such as schools of fish, some squid, and a myriad of small, young fish. Anyway, It was amazing, and I was excited! Actually, I don’t know most fish names well. And I can’t swim underwater. I was originally not good at swimming. But being in the sea is now one of my favorite things, because while traveling to many islands, I woke up to the fun of snorkeling. I’m satisfled just look at the undersea world.

It’s a sea creature called “Umeboshi (Japanese salt plums) anemone”, whose name even I know. It's a perfect Japanese name! I found it on the beach!


It’s actual Umeboshi.


It’s shutting and looks like Umeboshi! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

One Day's My lunch on Oshima

  Today is a my day off and the weather is nice. So I decided to have lunch outside. I drove along my favorite Sunset Palmline and decided t...